Skip to content
0
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • SAMSON Connect
  • Get SAMSON
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • SAMSON Connect
  • Get SAMSON
Collapse
SAMSON Forum
  1. Home
  2. SAMSON
  3. Getting started
  4. Problem of graphics card after SAMSON installation on Ubuntu 18.04 (Intel processors)

Problem of graphics card after SAMSON installation on Ubuntu 18.04 (Intel processors)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Getting started
43 Posts 2 Posters 63.4k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • R
    R
    Robert
    wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Thanks a lot Dmitryi. I will keep looking for a solution also on my side.
    I also asked for help of the support team at INRIA, so I let you know of course if I solve the problem. Best regards

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • R
      R
      Robert
      wrote on last edited by
      #42

      Hello Dmitriy, hope you are doing well, I solved my problem for VMD, it was my bad, I had installed the text mode version (I didn't realize I was doing such a mistake ...). The problem for SAMSON was thus completely decorrelated from that of VMD.
      For SAMSON, the problem seems related to Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic and Intel i7 8th generation processors. It seems not to suffice that they support OpenGL 3.2. Another person in my team has almost the same computer , installed SAMSON and had the same graphics problem. When he activated his NVIDIA card, SAMSON worked (disgrafully, I don't have a NVIDIA card so I can't use this trick).

      Maybe it can be due to the libraries SAMSON appeals when it was built, maybe it asks for more than available to these new INTEL processors ? Or it is a specific problem related to Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic with such INTEL processors ... ?
      Best regards,
      Robert

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • DmitriyMarinD
        DmitriyMarinD
        DmitriyMarin
        wrote on last edited by
        #43

        Hello @Robert ,
        Thanks to your feedback, we have fixed the issue in SAMSON when using Intel integrated graphics processor. You can try installing SAMSON.

        Dmitriy,
        The SAMSON Team, https://s-c.io

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post