Background/Visualization issues on 2015 Macintosh

• Hello everyone,

I am interested in modeling a project and things were going well with the trial version of SAMSON connect. I realized I needed a function enabled by the professional subscription, so I decided to upgrade to this and try it.

Before upgrading to professional, I had downloaded the most recent version of SAMSON connect onto my 2015 Macbook pro:
    ~Processor: 3.1 gHz Intel Core i7
    ~RAM: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    ~Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    ~macOS Mojave

After upgrading to the professional version, I ran into some display issues for my project.

Initially, I could view things and the background color/visibility was modular. I then uploaded an .OBJ file and things were fine.

After one/two hours of operating on the professional version, something happened to the color/visibility of the background. With the grid option toggled on, I could only view a small circle (~50 nm diameter as indicated by the scale bar) where outside the circle was pure black. If I toggle the grid on and off, sometimes the entire screen goes black.

I also tried uninstalling and re-installing SAMSON connect, and on start up I get a black screen where I cannot see the grid either.

Any help would be great as we have a deadline approaching and things were moving so well with SAMSON!

Thank you,
    Nick

• The most recent version of SAMSON connect at the time of this post is SAMSON 2020 R3.

Nick

• Hi Nick, thanks for the posts, we've sent you messages about how to reach us for chat so we can help you.

Looks like your connection to SAMSON Connect - Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.