Bug in SBMInteractionModelParticleSystem?

• I have

• MyInteractionModel which inherits SBMInteractionModelParticleSystem, and
    • MyInteractionModelFactory which inherits SBGInteractionModelParticleSystemFactory

In MyInteractionModelFactory, I have a function which overrides the parent class function as follows:

MyInteractionModel * MyInteractionModelFactory ::create(SBParticleSystem* particleSystem) {
         MyInteractionModel *interactionModel = new MyInteractionModel(particleSystem);
         interactionModel->initializeInteractions();
         if (!interactionModel->setupOK) {
               delete interactionModel;
               return NULL;
         }
         return interactionModel;
    }

I had a crash at 'delete interactionModel;'

When debugging, I got "Access violation reading ...." exception. And the final break point is at the end of the destructor of MyInteractionModel. The destructor of MyInteractionModel is empty, i.e.

MyInteractionModel ::~MyInteractionModel () {

}

It seems there is an attempt to delete a memory location which had not been allocated inside one of the parent classes of **MyInteractionModel **.

At the top of my stack, i see SBCReference. Perhaps, it is where the error comes from.

• Can you please try with a SAMSON pointer (SBPointer) and let me know how it goes?

Normally, any node that is a reference target (i.e. that directly or indrectly derives from SBCReferenceTarget) should be pointed at with a SAMSON pointer, and deleted with the deleteReferenceTarget function (cf this page).

It should thus be:

MyInteractionModel * MyInteractionModelFactory::create(SBParticleSystem* particleSystem) {
         SBPointer<SBNode> interactionModel = new MyInteractionModel(particleSystem);
         interactionModel->initializeInteractions();
         if (!interactionModel->setupOK) {
               interactionModel.deleteReferenceTarget();
               return NULL;
         }
         return interactionModel();
    }

• @stephane-redon It works. Thanks.

• ok great!

Looks like your connection to SAMSON Connect - Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.